The award-winning HUE Animation Studio movie-making starter kit for kids includes the HUE HD camera, HUE Animation stop motion software for Windows and macOS and a 60-page full colour book full of ideas. It is the perfect gift for any child aged 7-13 this Christmas.
Here are 10 reasons why HUE Animation Studio makes a perfect gift:
1. Hours of fun every day. HUE Animation Studio offers long-lasting enjoyment as it engages on so many levels. Kids can animate themselves, their toys and even their parents!
2. Spend family time together. Children can create movies together with family and friends of all ages. Make a movie about a family holiday like this one!
3. It’s a starter kit that grows with your child. Kids usually catch on very quickly and they can become animators in no time at all. They’ll soon be producing their own films and moving onto the more advanced features of the software such as using chroma key, adding credits and building their own scenery. Even the youngest of animators can have fun making the characters out of LEGO™ or clay; older children will enjoy deciding on the storyline and writing scripts whilst the ‘professionals’ can excel at choosing camera angles, positioning the characters and creating or importing sound effects. Any actors amongst you will love getting into character for the voice-overs and the whole family can enjoy watching the finished film again and again.
4. It’s an inclusive, gender neutral toy which anyone can enjoy. Animation is loved equally by boys and girls and there are no limits on what any child can create with their imagination and a few well-chosen props. The packaging and instructions have been designed to be completely gender neutral to encourage inclusivity.
5. Enable learning through play. Children can see the results of their efforts in a very short time and can save and share their creations. Whilst planning, executing, and presenting their animations, children are learning the 21st century skills of creativity, collaboration, and critical thinking without even knowing it. The HUE Animation Studio stop motion kit has been chosen as one of the Best Educational Products for Elementary Kids (Ages 5-11) in the 2018 Parents’ Picks Awards!
6. Perfect for STEM and STEAM students. HUE Animation Studio can be used for both home and school projects. Use time-lapse photography to capture a plant growing or illustrate an understanding of maths by using animated sweets to add and subtract numbers. HUE Animation Studio was recently approved as an education product by STEM.org.
7. Upload directly to Creatubbles. HUE Animation has a unique relationship with Creatubbles, a safe global community for teachers, parents, young artists and animators. Simply click the Creatubbles button in the software to upload your creations to the HUE Animation gallery.
8. A unique form of expression. HUE Animation Studio is used by many SEN teachers and parents with children on the autism spectrum. People who are more comfortable with non-verbal communication can use animation as an accessible way to express themselves and gain confidence.
9. Encourages creativity and innovation. Children have great imaginations; they will come up with amazing stories using any props they can lay their hands on. Watch your kitchen come to life! Children can use this tool to explore their own talents for script-writing, acting, model making or producing. They not only learn new skills but develop existing skills for the future.
10. A memory created forever. Once completed, a movie can be uploaded to YouTube or Creatubbles, or shared directly with friends and family. It can become part of the family album and heritage.
For more examples of how animation can be used visit our YouTube gallery.
HUE Animation Studio is available to buy from your local Amazon store.